IVF is like walking up to a majestical door, there's hope and desire, love and a yearning to be a mum.
From my 12 years of clinical practice with fertility and IVF, my love for treating these women never stops. It's a full on journey of many ups and downs, waiting, questioning of the self and body. Tears and frustration which is double loaded because of all the extra hormones. And then there's caring for children and being in relationship with your partner or no partner, working and trying to be in the world when all you can think of is will this work, am I pregnant, what's that symptom, is it good, is it bad... Along with this, there is also a lot of love and hope.
It's BIG and you can't know how big until you live it.
For all the years of treating IVF, I find this is the big key at getting through this journey. Getting through and keeping your Jing (the essence of life force you were born with) and your kidney yang (also part of your energy system) nourished. Nourishing these two aspects will help you hold a baby in utero and then in your arms.
Nourishing these things wil help you after you give birth as well, more energy and health.
So these things are simple, but so simple that we tend to push them aside...
1. Good old fashion rest, stopping to sit or sleep where and when you can, getting to bed early
2. Fresh water, at least 1 litre a day
3. Clean food
4. Drop coffee, refined sugar and alchol
5. Get a hobby, a creative outlet
6. Find time to sit and stare, yawn and have a fuzzy mind for a bit
7. Gentle exercise, walking, swimming, gentle yoga - no pushing. After exercise you must feel refreshed, if you feel tired, you're draining your kidney yang
8. Chicken broth, a cup a day, it builds blood and Qi = energy
9. Laughter, girlfriend time and time for self on a regular basis
10. Crying, a place, a friend who can listen, to let out all the emotiion. Holding it in drains your energy
11. And of course, acupuncture!
The physical list of what acupuncture can do is great. It builds uterine lining, improves quality of eggs and balances the hormonal system. But its stand out performance is that it's so nurturing and so relaxing of the body, mind and spirit. Worries dissolve, hope is restored along with your energy. Women feel like they can keep going, they feel clearer, those yucky emotions are not so attached to them anymore. They can breathe and they feel it's all okay.
This kind of nurturing is deep and restorative and the best thing is you just have to lay there and your body will do all the work for you.
|Tags: relax wellbeing acupuncture nurture nurturing broth qi rest fertility Chinese medicine hormones infertility exercise IVF calm centered emotions breathe clarity energy calming body sleep women's health health|
|Articles via RSS|