Pear tea for cough
This is a lovely idea if you have a cough going on.
The pear is considered cold in nature, Asian pears are used by Traditional Chinese Medicine to detoxify, regenerate body fluids, dissolve mucus, quench thirst, relieve restlessness, promote urination, promote overall skin health, lubricate the throat, relieve a cough and heal a hoarse throat.
If you have a sore throat and cough, try this soothing Pear Tea Recipe:
1. Cut up 1 pear (ideally a snow pear or Asian pear. If not a Bartlett pear should be fine)
2. Boil enough water to cover the pear
3. Simmer the pear pieces about 15 minutes
4. If you have a lot of clear to light white phlegm, add ginger slices and tangerine while simmering (fresh). If you have a dry cough or dry throat, skip this step. If you have yellow or green phlegm, go see your TCM specialist and get other, more specialized herbs.
5. Drink the tea, you can eat the pear.
Let us know how it goes for you.
|Tags: cold clear cough clears phlegm Autumn|