Pregnancy and Exercise, things to say about this...
1. Start exercising before you get pregnant and if it's a surprise pregnancy then start exercising slowly and keep it going regularly. It's so good for the baby's health and of course yours and it preps your body for more energy and endurance during labour.
2. It helps with all the hormonal shifts you may go through during the different growing phases of the baby, yes this can affect your emotions. In Chinese Medicine exercise keeps the Liver Qi (chi) flowing helping the breakdown of hormones and your mental stability even.
3. If you're a keen exerciser with high cardio before you get pregnant then it's a good idea to slow it down. You don't have to stop, but as you are building a baby it's a time to get more Yin with your exercise. So if you're a runner then ease it down to walking fast, then as you get bigger to a walk, without stress on the body.
4. Keep your exercise going throughout your pregnancy though slow it down and never push it, you should feel good after exercise not drained or in pain.
5. Yoga that is specific for pregnancy is best and because your body will have lots of prolactin circulating through it, overstretching can cause injury. Prolactin is the flexible hormone that allows your muscles and tendons to get ready for birth. So try to never go too deep while stretching.
6. My favourite last tip, if you're not smiling while exercising then it's too much.
|Tags: pregnancy labour exercise health|
|Articles via RSS|