Acupuncture Studies on IVF and Fertility Have Found
"success of IVF is better when acupuncture is done during ET (embryo transfer) but also from the follicular phase to the implantation phase"
* modulates HPO axis
* regulates estrogen
* increases endorphins
* increase blood flow to ovaries and uterus
* increases endometrial and follicular receptivity
* improves quality of oocytes
* repairs uterine lining
* reduces uterine contractility to prevent embryo expulsion after ET
* improves immune system in uterus
* redness stress and anxiety
The study concludes:
"Acupuncture is known to have minimal side effects, it can be used as an adjuvant therapy that can be performed at each stage of IVF to increase IVF success'