Understanding Your Liver Through the Eyes of Chinese Medicine
So the Liver is our organ that is our detoxifier of toxins, so it makes sense to keep it happy.
The Liver when it ISN'T happy with you, will be like....
1. You will be feeling very irritated or angry, this is the emotion of the Liver when it's not in balance. This anger will intensify leading up to your period, if you are drinking/eating to much foods that heat it up, like alcohol, refined sugar, coffee, excess chilli, curries or fatty takeaway food and if you are under stress.
2. You will wake up regularly between 1 am and 3 am, this is when the liver does all its house cleaning and will wake you up if it's not happy.
2. Your eyes are the window to your liver, so the white part may have a tinge of yellow or with red lines and itchiness, they can feel tired as well, this is the liver talking to you.
3. Each side of your tongue represents the liver so if you have red spots or mouth ulcers in this area it means your liver is too hot and that the Liver Qi is stagnate.
4. Feeling really tired and hard to get out of bed when you wake up but if you get up and move you feel better.
5. Exercise, especially cardio activities brings you energy and you feel less agro.
6 . Pain on the side of your ribs especially on the right side as your liver lays in this area and pain on the side of your breasts.
How you can support your liver...
1. You guessed it...Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs.
2. Lemon squeezed into your water in the morning.
3. Adding foods like asparagus, beets, dark leafy greens fermented foods.
4. One of our SQ herbal formulas, which is specially designed for the liver and these signs and symptoms.
5. Regular cardio and stretching as movement moves the stagnate Liver Qi, the liver needs movement my friends it's so important.
So add or take away a few of these points above and this will help that liver come back to balance.
See you in the clinic.